21 things your customers wish you knew and understood about them! We spend so much of our time TELLING our customers what we wish they knew about us and so little time LISTENING to what they are trying to tell us.
Just imagine for a second the changes we would make to our own business if we truly listened, understood and acted upon the things our customers wish we knew about them.
So here they are, the 21 things your customers wish you knew and understood about them.
1. I don’t need you to be perfect, but I do need to know I can rely on you.
2. When I refer my friends and you give them exceptional service, this makes me look and feel smart. I love that.
3. I get crazy jealous if I think you love another customer more than you love me.
4. You don’t need to do all that much to be a superhero. Just do exactly what you say you will do.
5. I want to trust you, but it’s hard for me to trust anyone.
6. I’m lousy at admitting I was wrong, but I respect you when you do it.
7. I like to get little goodies no one else is getting.
8. I want you to do the hard work for me. Even better if I can take all the credit for it.
9. I believe I deserve much more than I’m getting.
10. There’s no worse feeling than feeling like I was suckered into trusting you. If I’m screaming at you or one of your employees, that feeling is probably behind it somewhere.
11. A friendly voice on the other side of the phone means more than you can imagine.
12. Your employees treat me about as well as you treat them.
13. I want to tell you what would make this relationship better for me. Why don’t you ever ask me?
14. A lot of the time, I secretly feel like a lost little kid. I don’t admit it, but I want to be taken care of.
15. I’ll give you anything you ask if you can help me not feel silly.
16. It means a lot when you take the time to thank me for my business or a referral.
17. I don’t mind spending the money, as long as I feel I’m getting real value.
18. I spend an awful lot of time being scared to death.
19. The wealthier I get, the more I like free stuff.
20. Our relationship isn’t equal and it never will be.
And most importantly
21. It really is all about me.
These are the 21 things your customers wish you knew and understood about them. Will you change your business to address them?
High food cost? We can assist you with daily inventory control, ensuring your profitability with Ideal Stock Control